Thursday, January 31, 2008

Ashlyn's Career Day


Today Ashlyn has Career Day. Last week she came home from school and told me that they were supposed to dress up for Career Day. I asked her what she wanted to be when she grew up and she said, "I want to be a mom, just like you!" How sweet is that? At first I was surprised and maybe a little disappointed. How are you supposed to dress up like a mom? PJs and slippers with ratty hair? Anyways, after being scolded by both of my parents, and after hearing from Ashlyn repeatedly how she just wants to be a mom, I decided to go with it. Don't get me wrong, that makes me very happy that she wants to be a mother (like me), I was just hoping to be able to dress her up really fun....like a nurse or vet (what I thought she would choose since she loves animals). Anyways, so we decided to have her dress in her "sweats", an apron and carrying a baby doll. We were going to put curlers in her hair, but I was afraid she'd get teased by the other kids (especially by the high schoolers that ride her bus). So, now I am just waiting for her to get home and tell me all about it!

No comments: