
Every morning when I look out the window, I am reminded that there is a light at the end of the LONG, DARK tunnel....spring is coming! It's amazing how much the sun makes a difference in EVERYTHING! For me, the sunshine brings hope, life, happiness and excitement....I think I just need to live somewhere that is sunny all year long! What a difference I have seen in my own attitude. I have heard many times that over half of the people that live in Rexburg are on anti-depressants during the winter because of the lack of sunshine (vitamin D)....I now believe it! If every winter is as bad as this last one, I might just go insane!

If you're wondering what this is a picture of....well, they WERE my crocuses. We have a wildlife problem in our yard. I'm not sure I've mentioned this before, but we live outside of Rexburg a few miles and behind our house a little ways is a river. Supposedly there are 20+ moose living back there (in the fall you can hear definitely hear them) along with white tail deer, wild turkeys (that love to poop in our yard...when is turkey hunting season???) and every type of bird you can imagine (geese, ducks, cranes, pelicans, hawks and even a bald eagle!). Anyways, these animals like to venture into our yard (eating everything in site) and go into the large field across the road. Well, I was getting so excited because my crocuses were finally coming up, and yesterday when I went out to check on them, I noticed they were gone! Eaten all the way down to the ground! Every last one (about 20)! Last year they (deer) ate all the peas out of my garden and they had nibbled on my corn. What's with that?!? I'm so irritated!
1 comment:
I'm heading up to Rexburg in 1 1/2 wks. I hope the snow is gone. Usually people migrate south for a vacation. My friend from beauty school is moving with her husband who graduates. It worked out good since Alise's family is moving there that same weekend. I'm excited!
Post a Comment