Friday, January 25, 2008

Preparations for the Baby

The past couple weeks I have been feeling anxious because I feel like I am not prepared for this baby to be born. I know what you're probably thinking...."Amber, you're not due until the middle of March!" I know, but I have a problem with preparing....I like to do it WAY in advance. Plus, if I didn't, I'd be waking up at 4am with panic attacks (more than I already am). So, here's what I've been doing....cleaned out the storage unit and found all our baby stuff (along with a lot of other junk that we got rid of...hurray!), bought the essentials: diapers, formula, binkies, onesies, etc; bought a baby sling and baby seat, watching a carseat and baby monitor on eBay, and found someone that makes hair bows (Alea Nielson). Let me just tell you about these hair bows for a second. If you have a girl, you know how much fun it is to dress them up....even when they get older. Alea makes these beautiful bows....basically custom to whatever outfit/color/fabric you want. She can make them into headbands or clippies (for older girls) and she does it for a VERY reasonable price! If you want more info, let me know. I am having her make custom bows for Easter (to match their dresses). I'll post the pictures of the rest when I get them. So excited!

I am still trying to figure out where this baby is going to sleep. I am hoping to get the other 3 kids in 1 room (still crossing my fingers) so the baby can have her own room....since I don't want to share mine with her. Also, my mom is planning to be here when the baby is born, so knowing that is very comforting. There is just nothing that can replace a mom/grandma when you have a baby. It's nice to be taken care of again.

Anyways, so I am starting to feel a little more prepared for our baby to come....and now I just have to wait. That is the hardest part for me....I don't wait well. These next 7 weeks are going to drag on for ETERNITY!

4 comments:

Camille said...

Look at all of that pink!! This is me, jealous... Anyway, way to go on all the preparations ahead of time. That is definitely the way to do it! I can't wait to see little Peyton! I'm sure she'll be beautiful, but thats just a given... :-)

Mikaela said...

Hi Amber and Aaron! I just noticed your blog on Shanae's, so I hope you don't mind that I took the liberty to invade! You guys have the cutest kids....I mean who would've thought that of Aaron, must be all Amber's influence! But really, they're all darling. Congrats on expecting baby #4! ~Mikaela

Anonymous said...

those bows are cute, and Lacey forwarded me some other pics of them. Does she have like a website or anything or does she just do them on request? Let me know what you know.

CAMI said...

Hey ~ its Jason Coulson! How are you guys doing? I noticed you had us as a link but you hadn't written us ... we had to find you thru Deborah's blog! Cute kids! My wife makes bows too- or at least is trying to start! Any tips? Well hope to hear from you soon!