I seriously can't believe it! It seems like just a week ago I was in the hospital seeing my new baby girl for the first time....it can't really have been a month already! Anyways, baby Peyton is doing well. She is a sweetheart and is definitely well loved by her older siblings. They kiss on her as much as I will let them and they just want to watch her all day long (I think they think she's going to do something exciting...like jump up out of her bouncer or something). The kids have been good helpers...Ashlyn now makes the bottles, Morgan picks out her clothes and Kaden tries to make her stop crying by stuffing things in her mouth (today he stuck a Ritz cracker in there!). I'm not sure if Peyton can tell if Kaden is trying to help her or kill her.Peyton is still really small....other than not fitting into any of her clothes, I enjoy her staying little. Today she got to wear her first outfit (thanks Kristi!). It's still a little big, but I just couldn't stand to put her in another pair of pajamas. That is all she's worn for a whole month!
As you can see from the pictures, she STILL has a rash on her face. It doesn't seem to be getting better, and I can't imagine it feels good....so if anyone has any suggestions for me, please let me know. Her doctor doesn't seem worried about it, but some of it's starting to scab, and I'm worried it might leave scars. That doesn't sound vain, does it?
I've finally decided that I can't keep Peyton inside any longer. Today I took the kids to Horton Hears a Who (very cute) and it was so nice to get out of the house and not feel like such a prisoner anymore. I know mom....you don't approve....but you're not the one that has been stuck inside with her for the past month. And....if she gets sick, YES...I will feel terrible about it.
7 comments:
Holy Cow, it's amazing how much she can change in a month! You're making the time seem like it's flying for me. You really notice when each of your kids hits a milestone. She looks so beautiful and so much more alert! So Darling!
What a sweetie, (rash and all). I know it probably bothers you but really she is still super cute. Good for you on getting out I can't imagine being cooped up for that long, I too would go nuts. She will be fine:)
She's adorable Amber, I love the red hair band! Delaney had a rash on her back and my Dr. told me to use unscented body wash and unscented lotion ( I used Aveeno) and it cleared right up... might be worth a try.
I laughed when I read the kids being (or trying to be) a big help. Kali is always wanting to hold him and when he cries she wants to stuff the pacifier in his mouth whether he wants it or not, and the other day she tried to feed him gold fish, which I have to keep reminding her that Krew can't eat anything but milk for a long time.
A month already?? How is that even possible? She is so sweet! When (if) I have little girls, you are going to have to teach me a thing or two. Yours always look adorable!
What a cutie! She looks ready to get out and about-I know I am always more than ready to get out after I have a baby. Hope you are doing well, you are amazing! Didn't you love the talk by Elder Ballard in conference yesterday? I'm sure you doing a lot of bending, twisting and lifting these days!
They grow too fast. Mine has been big for a long time and I haven't convinced my husband that it would be fun to have another one yet. SO sad!! She's adorable. My kids have seem to have sensitive skin while they're really young and I think I've narrowed it down to the Downy softener I use. i love that stuff, but have to wait a couple months before it doesn't irritate them. Maybe try unscented laundry detergent, etc. It's so hard to know. Good luck, she's still a doll. It bugs me to when my kids have a rash all over their face. Super cute anyways.
Post a Comment