Meet our new pet moose...Sarah. My neighbor told me that Sarah was born (to Ms. Morris...that's what my neighbors call her) just before we moved into this house almost 3 years ago. But even though she's only 3, she is quite large (taller than I am). Last spring and summer Sarah was a frequent visitor in our yard, and now after the long winter, she has returned. Today the kids went out to ride their bikes and Ashlyn came running inside saying that there was a moose in the yard. Sure enough, Sarah was munching on our trees. That was about 3 1/2 hours ago....and she's still here! Even after the kids pounding on the windows, Aaron and I taking pictures of her, the neighbor dog barking, and cars honking at her. Normally she just eats and runs, but I think she's run out of food elsewhere and is getting desperate for something to eat. Anyways, my girls just decided to name her Sarah...I'm not really sure why they chose that name...but I guess it fits.
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
New Family Pet
Meet our new pet moose...Sarah. My neighbor told me that Sarah was born (to Ms. Morris...that's what my neighbors call her) just before we moved into this house almost 3 years ago. But even though she's only 3, she is quite large (taller than I am). Last spring and summer Sarah was a frequent visitor in our yard, and now after the long winter, she has returned. Today the kids went out to ride their bikes and Ashlyn came running inside saying that there was a moose in the yard. Sure enough, Sarah was munching on our trees. That was about 3 1/2 hours ago....and she's still here! Even after the kids pounding on the windows, Aaron and I taking pictures of her, the neighbor dog barking, and cars honking at her. Normally she just eats and runs, but I think she's run out of food elsewhere and is getting desperate for something to eat. Anyways, my girls just decided to name her Sarah...I'm not really sure why they chose that name...but I guess it fits.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Holy cow!(moose I guess) Be careful! Can't moose be pretty dangerous? It's like wild animal kingdom in your yard-pretty cool!
Oh my gosh! Its things like this that sure make me miss Idaho. A moose!! ha ha...
That's crazy...what a great family pet? lol! Oh the stories your kid will be able to remember and tell having a pet moose. That's pretty cool for them!
Oh thats scary! I hate big scary animals!
Post a Comment