
Well, we finally got permission to paint our house! Our landlord said that we could purchase all the supplies and take it off our rent...so I jumped at the chance! I don't know what I got myself into! What a lot of work! Our walls are so nasty! The baseboard heaters put off this black soot that looks like we smoke (ring around the tops of the walls and ceiling), and we have a mold problem. So, we had to scrub, then prime, then paint. Also, the trim was either scuffed or banged up, so we have been painting that too. We started in 1 end of our house and have now made it to our living room and kitchen. We are about 1/2 done with the whole house, but I'm pooped! I don't know if I can do anymore! It looks so nice, but we've got stuff EVERYWHERE, you can barely walk into my house! I can't believe we took on this project right before all our family comes this weekend. I was obviously a little too ambitious!

Oh, by the way, these are the "before" and "during" pics...nothing is quite finished yet, so when it is, I'll put up the "after" photos. Also, you may notice that the girls' hair looks a little different...that's because they got their hair permed! I like it, but Aaron hates it. But I'm pretty sure I'm the one that gets to decide since I'm the one that fixes their hair!
5 comments:
Yeah painting, and yes it becomes more work than you think! We did a lot of ours 1 1/2 yrs ago and we haven't yet finished the boys or our rooms yet! Good luck with finishing! You do have motivation though, family for the weekend, hooray!
WOW! You are ambitious, aren't you!! When you asked for paint colors, I thought you meant for the future, not for now. How exciting! Does it feel like a completely different place now? Its amazing what paint can do. You know, we really should chat sometime, it has been a while.
We painted our entire house when we moved in...I've since painted it 4 different times because of my wonderful son who loves to write all over everything! UGH! Your paint almost looks the same as our main color. It is so much work, and I'm sure you'll be so glad when it's done. I'll be glad for you. Hopefully you won't have little kids who scribble all over it!
Their hair looks so cute! Way to go on painting! I bet it feels so nice to have it done and feeling like new!
sounds like a fun project. We onlyh painted 3 of our rooms when we moved in and called it quits. The rest will have to wait. Peyton is so cute!!
Post a Comment