
I'm so glad today is over! I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm so glad that school is out for the summer! Today was Ashlyn's last day of school and her kindergarten graduation. I have to tell you that (again) I had to fight back the tears! What is wrong with me?!? Who cries at their child's kindergarten graduation?!? Anyways, it was a real struggle for me to control my emotions, but I did it!

This year they learned about butterflies and they got to watch the life cycle from beginning to end (caterpillar - butterfly). Ashlyn also gave a report on butterflies. So today each kid in her class got a butterfly and was able to release it after the graduation. It started to rain and she was worried that her butterfly would get wet, so she kept it and brought it home and released it in our yard.

I think the reason I'm having such a hard time with all this graduation stuff is because it's becoming more evident that my children are growing up....and fast! Pretty soon my kids won't like me or want to just snuggle up with me...or talk to me. I remember being that way with my parents, and I hope I can do something different so my children won't be like that. I'm just not sure what that is. Any suggestions???

No comments:
Post a Comment