I LOVE the 4th of July! To me, it means it's FINALLY summer! This year was lots of fun for me (not so much for Aaron...soon to find out why....). First, we went to the parade with my friend, Merilee and her family and my brother Skyler and his wife Aubrey. The parade wasn't anything special, but it's just not the 4th without it! Then we went home and BBQed tri-tip and pineapple and had Skyler and Aubrey over and the food turned out awesome! After dinner, we all took naps (Aaron's favorite part of the day!), then woke up and went to the RODEO with Skyler and Aubrey! The rodeo is a tradition here in Rexburg, although, this is the first year that I convinced Aaron to go. It was the kids' first rodeo, and I think they liked it. Well, I'm not sure if it was the rodeo or the food...either way, it was lots of fun! Most of you know that Aaron is very allergic to anything with fur, so within 10 minutes of being there, he couldn't breathe, so he was kind enough to take care of the baby out front. After the rodeo, they let off fireworks and we went home. On the way home the kids were talking about lighting fireworks at our house (which normally is our tradition, but we had hoped to skip that since we just saw the big ones at the fairgrounds), so we quickly went and bought a few before the stands all closed. Skyler and Aubrey stayed while we finished the night off with fireworks.What a great day. Thanks Skyler and Aubrey for a fun-filled day! We are so glad that we have family in town. I hope you realize you can't leave us here in Rexburg alone!




2 comments:
Ohh, makes me miss Rexburg. Small towns are the best, I love the good old parade and you can't go wrong with a Rodeo. I hope everything with Peyton goes well. When is Merilee due? How is she?
Take Care, Ang
Sounds like you had a lot of fun, and yummy food! Happy 4th!
Post a Comment