Ok...for those of you who don't know me...I don't read...I have never enjoyed reading...so I never do it. I think it's a mixture of things...I am a slow reader, no patience and no imagination.Well, I have several friends (Mer and Lori) who kept bugging me to read the books...but of course, I turned them down. Well, for girls' night out a month ago, we went to the Twilight movie...and I LOVED it! I decided that I should try out the 1st book (since it couldn't be that bad if the movie was so great). I finished Twilight in 2 days and I was addicted! I finished all 4 books in 9 days...all 2500 pages...I've NEVER read that much in my entire life...all the books combined!
Ok, so there are many people that are obsessed with these books...and I wouldn't consider myself one...but I have decided that it was so nice to escape my normal, boring life and to join the world of vampires for a little while. I feel a little depressed now that I have finished the books....I feel like Forks has disappeared.
Well, it is a good thing that I have finished reading...my family was missing me and my house looked like a bomb hit. Aaron has decided that Stephanie Meyer (author) should not be allowed to write again....she has ruined every woman's ideas of what a man "should" be like (Edward)!
*P.S. I'm taking Aaron to the movie tonight so he knows what I'm talking about...can't wait!
*UPDATE: I took Aaron to the movie last night. So, the first time I saw the movie, I hadn't read the book. I LOVED the movie! Well, since then, I've read all the books...and when I saw the movie last night I was very excited...and it just wasn't what I remember it. Aaron thought it was terrible...what happened?!? Edward acted so strange...like awkward...Jasper is obviously a total whak-o (but I noticed that the first time) and Bella seemed so cold. Now I feel worried about the next movie.
1 comment:
Some books are so addicting. That's why I haven't read the Twilight series yet; I know I would neglect my husband, kids and obligations. Jason is especially happy I haven't gotten in to those books.
Post a Comment