Thursday, March 19, 2009

Favorite "Romantic" Vacation

Ok, just putting romantic in the title makes me laugh...basically it was just a vacation without the kids...but romantic??? I wouldn't go that far! We went on a 9 day trip with my family to Hawaii...we probably fought more than we had "romantic" time together.

Anyways, here's the scoop...we went to Hawaii in June of 2004. We left Ashlyn and Morgan at Aaron's parent's house. We first spent a few days on Oahu hanging out on Honolulu beach and then to Laie to visit my cousin (and family). We picked up my sister who was (at the time) attending school there at BYU-Hawaii. We went to PCC and to the luau.

Then it was off to Molokai to visit some friends from my dad's mission. This is my family's favorite island! The people there are so friendly! Everyone is very laid back and easy-going. We spent a few days visiting people, hiking to Halawa Falls, and horseback riding on the beach.

Our last stop was on the Big Island (Hawaii). This was the first time any of us had been to this island, so it was a lot of fun exploring. We spent 2 days scubadiving, LOTS of time snorkeling and sunbathing, and we even went to see the active volcano (but didn't have enough time to hike out to see it).

It was a great trip, even if we weren't alone. The sights (banyan trees, bouganvilla, palm trees, gorgeous blue ocean), sounds (ocean waves, palm trees in the breeze) and smells (sweet plumeria flowers, kalua pig) of Hawaii and something you will never forget. And going to Hawaii with my dad is always exciting. He changes into a young 19 year old boy all over again! Thanks again dad! Memories I'll never forget!

4 comments:

Kelliann said...

I love the picture of that tree! So cool.

Lacey said...

Wish thats were I was right now. Looks like a wonderful vacation. I didn't know you guys were thinking about moving to boise!

Skyler and Aubrey said...

I wish that I could go to Hawaii with you. Vegas will have to do instead. I can't wait!!!

Rexburg Sorensens said...

I about had a heart attack until I read this was in 2004. I thought you had snuck off to Hawaii without telling me. How would that be possible?? Well, it sure looks fun. Maybe someday, huh! Well I can dream can't I ?!? Cute pics!