Well, the dedication was today. It seemed today would never come...after years of construction and then the dedication being postponed for a week. This morning Aaron and I went to our stake center and watched as the new president of our church, President Thomas S. Monson, dedicated that sacred building. It was really neat to see how he has already started to fill the very large shoes of Pres. Hinckley...which I'm sure is a very daunting task. Pres. Monson was very funny...cracking jokes about everything. It was a very special experience that I am glad I didn't miss. To find out more info on the Rexburg temple, click here.
Sunday, February 10, 2008
Rexburg, ID Temple Dedication
Well, the dedication was today. It seemed today would never come...after years of construction and then the dedication being postponed for a week. This morning Aaron and I went to our stake center and watched as the new president of our church, President Thomas S. Monson, dedicated that sacred building. It was really neat to see how he has already started to fill the very large shoes of Pres. Hinckley...which I'm sure is a very daunting task. Pres. Monson was very funny...cracking jokes about everything. It was a very special experience that I am glad I didn't miss. To find out more info on the Rexburg temple, click here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a neat experience I am sure. Awesome that you guys got to go!
I would love to have gone.
It is a really pretty temple, that is the first picture I have seen of it.
Thanks for sharing!
Deb
That is such a beautiful Temple. I wish we were closer to get to go inside. We haven't been to Rexburg since we visited in 2004, I am sure things are really different now:)
Post a Comment