Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

What an exciting day! First of all, when I woke up, I was pleasantly surprised that my sweet husband had a surprise waiting for me. He made me a sweet message on the computer and had gotten me an enamel-coated cast iron dutch oven (I know...what a mouth full!). I've been wanting one for a couple years now, so I was very excited to finally get one. And, best part, it's RED! He also surprised the kids with a little candy. Then for lunch, he brought me home a Dairy Queen hamburger, fries and blizzard. What a great hubby and father.

Next, Ashlyn had been anticipating this day for atleast a week...school Valentine's parties are always exciting! She woke up early and got dressed and ready for school and was actually excited to go (not always the case). When she came home she told me "Mom, school was TERRIFIC!" She got lots of Valentine's cards and candy...so of course it was a great day.

2 comments:

Mikaela said...

Your kids are just so cute! I'm glad that you all had a great Valentine's Day! I personally think it's such a cool idea for kids to get that little boost by receiving little cards from their friends and stuff.

Glad you got the bunk beds put together...Oh how I don't look forward to days like that!

Sabrina said...

Cute cute cute...looks like your Valentine's day was a lot of fun!