Sunday, February 24, 2008

It's my BIRTHDAY!

The spa was WONDERFUL! It was so nice to be pampered and to just relax. First I got a massage, then a facial and last a MUCH needed pedicure. Unfortunately, the pedicure didn't put me into labor (like I was hoping)...but it is so nice to have pretty toes again!
My friend Merilee took me out for a birthday lunch to Applebee's. The food was great and so was the company! Thanks Merilee!
Aaron thinks I'm a big dork because I LOVE parties. I set out the streamers the night before and told the kids that they could decorate the house for my birthday the next morning. Well, Aaron thought that was "childish", so I did it myself! Who says that we have to be boring when we're older? Not me! If I could, I'd have streamers, balloons, candles, clowns, and anything else that made me feel young. I LOVE birthdays!

A new store opened up recently. It's called "The Cocoa Bean" and they sell gourmet hot chocolates and cupcakes. I haven't tried the hot chocolate yet, but we did get some cupcakes for my birthday. They were wonderful! The store was packed and they were selling out of most of their cupcakes, but we did get: pretty in pink (raspberry filled), oreo, better than "whatever", key lime and coconut, carameled apple, and my favorite...marbled cream cheese and chocolate. This is definitely a "must try" the next time you're in Rexburg!
Again...Aaron thought I was being childish...but I got my way.

Best cupcake EVER!

Aaron thought the cupcakes were too big to eat without a fork...I showed him! Some things you just have to pick up and eat with your hands...pizza and cupcakes are just a couple!

Aaron NEVER drinks milk...but on my birthday he thought it would be funny to drink it right out of the gallon (like me). It grossed me out! I don't think I'll be doing that again (I think that was his plan all along).

I had a wonderful birthday filled with lots of pampering, relaxing, laughing, EATING and the ones I love most! Thanks everyone!

6 comments:

The Lowes said...

I think this is the best picture of Aaron I have ever seen. Finally his true side comes out.

Mikaela said...

I was just going to say, doesn't look like Aaron's changed one bit! Hope you had a great birthday, and glad you got some R&R at the spa!

Camille said...

Happy Birthday! I'm so glad you got to visit the spa- I am guessing some pampering was badly needed! You look great, but Aaron... :-)

Oh, and those cupcakes look amazing! Glad you had a great day! Now if only you can get that baby here...

Shanae said...

Happy Birthday and way to go, I am the same way I love birthday's and I have learned early in our marriage if he isn't going to decorate and have fun we can still do it and enjoy it!! What ever makes us happy, tell Aaron shame on him for not decorating for you!!!JK:) OH well we can't expect everything, he did get you a spa day and I am glad you got to enjoy that!

The Wieselers said...

Happy Birthday! You look great- you're so cute pregnant! I also love the hair. Glad you had a good day!

Anonymous said...

sounds like you had a great day, and how nice to have a spa day. I have never even been to any type of salon, or had my feet or nails done or anything!!! I would say it is about time. YOu look so great!!