Saturday, February 16, 2008

First Night in the New Bed

So last night was the girls first night sleeping in their new bunk bed. The mattresses came in the afternoon, so they spent the majority of the afternoon and evening just playing on their beds. When 7:30pm rolled around, Ashlyn told me she was ready for bed....so we got the kids all in bed early! The girls were so excited for their mattresses to come, that they didn't take their afternoon naps. But by about 3:30pm Morgan fell asleep, so of course, she wasn't ready for bed when Ashlyn was. So, after Ashlyn fell asleep, Morgan sneaked out of her room (pretty normal for Morgan...she's our night owl) and came and watched Food Network with me for about an hour.By the way, aren't the girls' quilts the cutest things you've ever seen?!? Grandma Yount (with the birdie) got these for the girls' birthdays last summer, and they've been sitting at the top of our closet since then. I've been DYING to be able to use them...so I'm thrilled that the time has finally come! Thanks again Cheryl!So, the night went well. The girls woke up bright and early this morning (6:30am) and continued playing in their "tree house" and soon Kaden was up causing problems. Nothing new there!

5 comments:

Sabrina said...

LOVE the quilts! Are those PB? I think I have looked at getting those....SOOOOOOOOOO cute! They look great on the new bed!

Shanae said...

How fun for the girls!! Our neighbor just got bunk beds and Kali loves to climb to the top, since she is a little monkey. Now she is constantly wanting to go over there and "climb bed"!! There room is ADORABLE.

Anonymous said...

love the beds and the quilts. That's awesome that they were so excited to go to bed, I bet it is great when they ask you to go to bed. Kyla has only asked a couple times:)

Deborah Austin said...

Amber those beds and bed spreads are so so cute? Are they both from pottery barn, where especially did you get the beds I love them. Good choice they look awesome and I bet your girls do love them. Love the blog and love your pregnant picture, I am excited for you to be done:) yeah it is almost here. Love the hot sauce story, you are a good mama.

Deborah

Camille said...

I am crazy jealous over those beds!!! LOVE the bunk beds, and the quilts. SERIOUSLY!! So cute!