Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter!

On Saturday we celebrated Easter. Sunday just gets too crazy with church at 8:30am, and this year we were invited to Easter dinner at my friend (Lori's) house....so we like to use up the entire Saturday for our Easter festivities.
Saturday morning we dyed eggs with Uncle Skyler. That is always a very messy experience....and kindof wasteful. We dye eggs because it's a tradition. You can't have Easter and not dye eggs...right? Well, we don't do anything with the eggs afterwards....we don't hide them or eat them....so after a few days of stinking up my fridge, we just throw them away.
While the kids were taking their naps, the Easter bunny came and left their baskets. When Aaron was growing up, the Easter bunny was extra nice to his family and always brought a present (toys) with all the candy. So, of course, we have to carry on that tradition. This year he brought the kids each a Nerf gun. What a hit! The kids won't put them down! Yesterday I found them sitting in a row having target practice at our fridge. Also, yesterday we saw 4 white tail deer running in the field across the street and Kaden came running in with his gun saying he was going to shoot them. It's amazing how early they learn this stuff (I'm sure this is a proud moment for you grandpa (with the horsies)!).
After the excitement of the baskets, the kids got bundled up for their Easter egg hunt outside in the snow. I thought about just having the hunt inside, but how depressing is that?!? Easter means spring...and spring means NO SNOW!
Yesterday the kids got to wear their new Easter outfits (yes, from Gymboree...I'm addicted!). We are still trying to keep Peyton away from big crowds of people so she doesn't get sick, so she didn't get to wear her Easter dress. Easter dinner at Lori's was delicious. It's nice to have friends...especially when you don't have family in town.

4 comments:

Mikaela said...

Your kids are so dang cute! I love their little Easter outfits. How fun! I'm glad you guys had a fun Easter!

David and Kira said...

Yeah for Easter...to be a kid again! We actually didn't dye eggs. I forgot to buy the stuff and never mentioned it, probably for the same reason-just to throw them away! I can't believe how big your girls look! I love the girls' long pink coats!

Camille said...

What a fun Easter! Wow, you've posted a lot since I disappeared! I love the kids easter outfits. You always have them dressed so cute. Oh, and what a nice entertainment center!! ;-)

Deborah Austin said...

Oh man it looks like you had a wonderful day. You always have deluxe everything, dresses, baskets the whole lot!! What fun!