
Isn't she a doll? Well, she has been such an angel...sleeps good, eats good...right now the best baby I've had. So, you ask...why has this week been so hard? Well, it started the day after I got home from the hospital (Thursday). After Aaron left for work, I noticed that the toilets were bubbling and the bath tubs were filling up through the drains (with some nasty stuff!). I called the landlord and let them know right away, because this was obviously not normal. Anyways, after many attempts from the plummer to get into our septic tank through the frozen ground, no luck. Every time we use the tub, dishwasher, or washing machine the toilets back up and won't flush and the bath tubs fill up with nasty water from all the drains in the house. It's now Monday and the problem still isn't fixed. Needless to say, it's HORRIBLE! Our house stinks like sewer and until yesterday evening, we all stunk because we can't use the showers (thanks Skyler and Aubrey for letting us use your bathroom!).On Friday night I woke up with the chills. I didn't know what was wrong, so I took a Motrin and went back to bed. On Saturday morning, my mom got a phone call that my grandpa had fallen and was in the hospital with several injuries. My 94-year old grandpa had been riding his exercise bike and had passed out and fell off and broke a few ribs, his shoulder blade and had a large laceration on his arm and a big bump on his head. She told me that she had to head home early....the next day. An hour later I had the chills again and a fever. I took more medicine and went to sleep and when I woke up, I felt much better.....until later that night. By about 6pm I wasn't feeling well. I couldn't tell if I had the flu or some kind of infection, but thought I'd call the doctor. The doctor confirmed my suspicions....I had mastitis! He quickly gave me a prescription....but by 9pm I had a high fever of 103 and was in so much pain. My mom called my brother who quickly came over and he and Aaron gave me a blessing. It's so nice to have family in town! I started feeling better soon afterwards, but have struggled to keep my fever down since then.
Mom stayed an extra day, but is leaving today. I'm really having a hard time with it. The thought of having to take care of 4 children by myself is so overwhelming. It takes a few weeks for me to adjust to a new baby and get back to our usual schedule....and I'm not looking forward to it. I just wish I lived closer to family. Being 10 hours away from both parents and the majority of our family is so hard. I hope someday soon we can move closer....but for now, we are on our own.
8 comments:
I'm so sorry you had such a rough week. Sounds like you've really had your hands full. I hope you get feeling better soon, and I'm sure that your ward will jump in and help with the kiddos if need be. Call someone if you need to, that's why you have visiting teachers and a relief society presidency! :)
I feel for ya! The times when you need the most help are always with the kids. I agree with Mikaela, us the Relief Society sisters! And don't feel bad that your house stinks when they come over. They will be happy to help!
Hang in there Amber! You can do it, the time which seems like passes so slow, (especially when you are up in the middle of the night), will really go by quickly. You will wake up and she will be 6 months old and you wont be needing a nap anymore and life will be good again! Also, you probably wont remember much of it since you are in such a daze. I will be thinking about you, hope you get back in the groove quickly!
Hang in there girlie! Somedays are so hard, I feel for you. I had a nasty fever sickness this past week. I felt like crap and I didn't have a new baby I had to take care of. I felt like I was on my death bed for 4 days. Being sick and being a mommy isn't a good combination because you still have to take care of the kids. Good luck.
Amber, I feel so bad for you! Seriously I agree with the other girls DON'T BE AFRAID TO ASK FOR HELP!! Those pictures of little peyton are just so precious!!
Hey- I cried like a baby when my mom left, and I only had one baby and I could take a shower! Hope things get better!
GOOD! You are human! I have been sitting here thinking had some super strength or something to be able to handle 4 kids! I can BARELY handle my two! You are such a great mom, and your kids are lucky to have you. We need to chat more often!
PS- can't WAIT to see your quilt!
Oh Amber that is so hard. I know you will make it through but it is no fun. Well just take a look at that sweet baby and three other little faces and even though you might want to beat them (the three older ones) try to just say oh my thak you for all my stinking blessings I hope you got that joke. well you are awesome I wish I was there to help. Know you are thought of and I'll even keep you in my prayers, hey every little bit helps!
Love ya
Deb
Post a Comment